There are two types of people in this world: People who like Fords and people who are wrong. The Ford F series has been Canada’s best-selling truck for over fifty-two years. Consistent and dependable. It is everything that a Dodge is not.
This Ford can do everything a Chevy can, except randomly catch fire. (Heard them Chevy’s run a little hot sometimes.)
This is a work truck. If you’re looking for a pretend-to-work truck, then go to a Nissan store. In some towns they call it the wrecking yard.
Unlike other wagons, this 2003 Ford F 350 isn’t afraid of getting a little work on it. It’s got a small dent in the front bumper, but that just gives it character. Could use a new windshield also (that’s Edmonton for ya.) Other than that, she’s clean, well-maintained, and built Ford-tough.
A word of warning: the interior is very roomy. The vertically-challenged may need a car seat and pedal blocks to operate. Don’t forget your sippy cup. (Ain’t that right, Rick?)
The leather-interior crew cab comes with all the Lariat bells and whistles. The heated front seats keep you cozy while you sip coffee and laugh at your buddy trying to dig his lifted Tacoma out of the snow. (Sometimes it takes them ‘Yota boys a minute to ask for help. They can be a little stubborn; that’s just the nature of the breed.)
Call this rig Optimus Prime, because it can transform from hauling trailers to hauling tools by switching out the tailgate. (Sorry, no heated tailgate package available. You’re thinking of a GMC. Gotta keep your hands warm if you’re gonna push your truck home.)
Speaking of hauling trailers, this F-bomb comes with a 5th-wheel hitch as well. Because that was this 4×4’s previous job – moving trailers from here to there. The V8 engine has all new fuel injectors, giving it maximum pulling power. So when your buddy with a city-boy Honda Ridgeline needs to move his RV, you’ll be on speed dial.
With brand new, some would say “aggressive” tires, this pick-em-up truck can pull your buddy’s Silverado out of that ditch, again. (You hear how they’re makin Chevys more aerodynamic to save on gas when Fords tow ‘em?) They say that over 95% of Toyotas are still on the road. The other 5% managed to make it home. But with only 200k kilometres, this 3/4 ton Ford is barely broke in.
So what’s next? How do you take this truck for a test drive? Just follow these easy steps:
1. If you need to sell your Chevy first, here’s a tip: try doubling its value by filling the tank.
2. If you want to get here but you own a Dodge, check the last two pages of your owner’s manual; that’s where they put the bus schedule.
3. If you’re driving a GMC but need to get here fast, try shutting off the engine to cut your time in half. Did you know a Sierra can go from 0 to 60 in less than 15 seconds if you push it off a cliff?
4. If you’re trying to unload a Toyota, increase your chances of a sale by customizing it with working brakes. (How’s that frame weld holdin’ up there, bud?)
5. If you’re bringing a Nissan, will you be sitting up front with the tow truck driver? (So we know who to give the directions to.)
6. And if you’re thinking of buying a Honda Ridgeline, then we’ve got some blinker fluid to sell you.
We hope to see you soon.